Welcome to my F-ing life!




Sunday, January 9, 2011

Toffee Bars



Toffee rhymes with coffee. Not only do I adore things that rhyme with my favorite beverage, but I love how things that combine with it taste so good.

There is no coffee in the recipe (mislead much?), but a few of these babies with a steaming cuppa Joe and...well, I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm too busy enjoying my Toffee Bars and coffee...

Cream butter and brown sugar together, then add egg and vanilla.

Add flour and mix.

If you don't eat all the dough before you get to this stage, my hat is off to you! Spread the dough out, flatten and bake.

Remove from oven and sprinkle on the chips. Put back in the oven for a minute. Spread that melted chocolate everywhere.

Layer on the toffee chips. Try to wait long enough for the chocolate to set before slicing into squares!

Toffee chocolatey goodness!



Toffee Bars

makes 16-20 (depending on the size you cut them)

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 whole egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 to 1-1/1 cups English toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and flour and mix until combined. 
Spread on cookie sheet with a spatula (or use your hands, which I find much easier) until thin. 
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle on chocolate chips. Return to oven for about a minute. 
Remove from oven and spread chocolate thinly over the cookie layer with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle with toffee. Cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment