Welcome to my F-ing life!




Thursday, February 17, 2011

Three Ingredient Jalepeno Poppers



These beauties are so easy to make, my cat could do it!

I enjoy a good popper every now and then, but sometimes I don't want them fried. Weird, I know.

I get like that (all wishy-washy) when it comes to fried foods. Sometimes I really crave something...anything fried. Thank goodness that craving doesn't overtake me too often (well, often enough...), and if I don't feel like something fried, I try to figure out how not to fry it and get a similar satisfaction from the dish.

You won't miss the frying on these, trust me...

Halve, core and stuff with cream cheese.

Wrap 'em in bacon...

Yum!

Eat 'em while they're hot...


Three Ingredient Jalapeño Poppers

20 whole fresh Jalapenos, about 2-3 inches long
2 bricks of softened cream cheese
1 pound thin-sliced bacon, sliced in half
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Cut jalapeños in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and the ribs. 
Fill each half with softened cream cheese. Wrap the jalapeños with a slice of bacon.  (You can use a toothpick to secure if needed) 
Layer them on a baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.  If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, feel free to turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes just to finish them off, but keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment