Welcome to my F-ing life!




Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chipotle Beef Sliders



If you know me, you know I am not a big fan of hamburger or ground beef. It's a taste and a texture thing for me, I guess. I am really, really picky about my burgers, too, when made with ground beef.  If a burger is made with ground turkey, chicken, pork, lamb, salmon, shrimp...whatever else, I am not as picky. But when it's beef, there is almost no pleasing me...

Most restaurant-type burgers are waaaaay too thick. I don't like that much beef in one bite, even if the flavor is something I like. So I never, ever order a burger when eating out. I strongly dislike 98% of the fast food chain burgers out there (don't get me started on a McDonalds rant...) but I love how thin the meat patties are! In case you were wondering, the only fast food burger I will willingly eat (and sometimes actually crave!) is a Double Steakburger from Steak-n-Shake. With cheese. And lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard and pickle. No mayo better touch that puppy.

Now, I can hear you saying, "Well, just make thin patties at home!" and I can tell you that I have done just that and still just not fond of hamburgers with ground beef. It's a mental block I have in my brain and I can't get past it....

....unless they're mini burgers and they're made like this:

Chipotle Beef Sliders

makes 10 sliders

1 package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls

1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
10 slices pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup mayo

Place 2 rolls in food processor and pulse until crumbly. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl and add the salt, pepper and 6 teaspoons of the peppers with sauce.  Crumble the beef into the bowl and combine. Shap into 10 patties.

Combine mayo and remaining (or more if you like spicy!) chipotle and set aside.

Grill or pan fry burgers over medium heat 3-5 minutes per side, depending upon how you like them done. Add cheese slice to each and grill/cook until melted (about another minute).

Spilt the remaining rolls. Toast them if you'd like, on the grill or in the oven.  Spread some chipotle mayo mixture on the bottom half of the rolls.  Place patties on top of sauce. Cap off that slider with the top half of the roll.

I added tomato to mine just because I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment