Welcome to my F-ing life!




Friday, September 3, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cake Cookies


I love cake cookies more than I love cake. I actually prefer a white cake to a chocolate cake, but these sounded better to me as chocolate in cookie form, so that's what I went with. Especially since Betty Crocker makes a chocolate fudge cake mix (which, until yesterday, I had no idea even existed...)



You'll need: a box of Betty Crocker Supermoist Chcocloate Fudge cake mix, creamy peanut butter, water, vanilla, eggs, butterscotch chips, frosting of your choice and a teeny bit of milk.



Combine the cake mix, peanut butter, water, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with medium speed for 3 minutes, or until combined. The peanut butter mucks up the mixer quite a bit, so be sure there is no more dry cake mix on the bottom or sides of the bowl.


Fold in the butterscotch chips.



Drop by tablespoon "blobs" onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 375 degrees.

Let them cool completely.


Combine frosting and peanut butter in medium bowl.  The peanut butter will make the frosting much thicker, so I added a teaspoon or two of milk to thin it back out just a little.

Spread frosting over cooled cookies. You can decorate with sprinkles, leftover butterscotch chips, chocolate chips...whatever you have on hand. I had some leftover mini chocolate chips, so I used those.


Cake-y, chewy, peanut buttery chocolate goodness. As an added bonus (after I ate two, of course!), I am going to deliver a tray full of these cookies to Papa Bear at work and take some (after picking up Little Lawyer and her friend Trey at school) to Trey and his parents (I love his Mom, Debbi - she's so awesome!) just because it's Friday and they deserve a cookie.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cake Cookies

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Chocolate Fudge cake mix
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup water
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 container of frosting (your favorite)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1-2 tsp milk or half-n-half

Combine the cake mix, peanut butter, water, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with medium speed for 3 minutes, or until combined. Drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool completely,

Combine frosting and peanut butter in medium bowl.  Add milk to thin out if needed. Spread over cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Well I know what I am making this afternoon. Yummy is how these cookies look.

    ReplyDelete